AIS Park City, Utah – September 25-27, 2017 Comments Off on AIS Park City, Utah – September 25-27, 2017
Join Albert Handell for this 3 Day Indoor and En Plein Air Painting Workshop, with a special rate for American Impressionist Society (AIS) members.
Monday, September 25- Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
Tuition $500 (AIS members $450)
Studio and AIS Exhibition location:
Montgomery Lee Fine Art
608 Main St. Park City, Utah 84060
HOW TO ENROLL
A $100 non-refundable tuition deposit is required to sign up for the workshop. The full tuition amount is $500, or $450 if you are an AIS member. All registrations and receipts are handled through the Albert Handell office. Credit card is the preferred method of payment. We accept all credit cards.
To enroll in this Workshop Program, please contact the Handell Studio/Office directly.
The Handell Office will email you your receipt. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Handell Office directly.
With your receipt you will also receive a suggested materials list for both oils and pastel.
You are welcome to paint in the medium of your choice.
For accommodation recommendations, please contact the Montgomery Lee Fine Art.
The 3 day workshop daily schedule:
The studio opens at 9:00 am everyday for your convenience.
- 9:30 – noon: This morning’s demonstration will be an OIL DEMO, starting with a transparent mono-chromatic under painting, then painting from the center of interest out, finishing with brush and palette knife applications of paint. We will then have a break for lunch.
- 1:00 – 4:30 pm: EVERY AFTERNOON workshop participants paint with Mr. Handell’s help at each artist’s individual easel. Monday afternoon is a wonderful learning experience and we all paint together in the studio. Bring your favorite photo to paint from, or use one of Mr. Handell’s photos.
As Mr. Handell helps one of the artists, everyone else in the studio is able to see and hear what Albert has to say. This isn’t possible when painting on location, which is why this first afternoon, we paint together in the studio.
- 9:30 am – noon: Tuesday morning Albert will be doing a mixed media pastel demo. This begins with watercolor underpainting and finishing the painting with pastel. Break for lunch.
- 1:00 – 4:30 pm: Tuesday afternoon, we will be painting en plein air, with Mr. Handell’s individual help at every easel.
- 9:30 am – 2:30 pm: We will all meet on location to paint together. Please bring a bagged lunch. Mr. Handell will paint with you in the morning, and help everyone at the easel individually afterwards.
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm: The participants and Albert will reconvene at the studio after a short break. There will be a FAREWELL CRITIQUE for each participant.
- 7:00 pm: An optional FAREWELL DINNER (individual checks) at a local restaurant.
After September 25, 2017, one month prior to the first day of the workshop, and your tuition has been paid in full, a full refund minus the non-refundable tuition deposit of $100.00 is offered to you for any reason.
After that date, if an emergency does arise and you are unable to attend, no cash refund will be given. You will instead receive a $400 or $350 tuition credit available for you to use at any Albert Handell Workshop or Mentoring Program, good for the next two years.
SUGGESTED ART SUPPLIES
In case of inclement weather please bring some of your favorite photographs to work from.
Click the button below for a complete list of Albert Handell’s suggest art supplies.Suggested Art Supplies