Bastrop, TX Workshop – April 24-28, 2017 Comments Off on Bastrop, TX Workshop – April 24-28, 2017
The studio is centrally located, in a picturesque area of Bastrop
Join Albert Handell in this exciting 5 Day Indoor/Outdoor Painting Workshop held at the Lost Pines Art Center and Reflective Sculpture Garden in Bastrop, Texas.
1204 Chestnut Street
Bastrop, TX 78602
Monday, April 24 – Friday, April 28, 2017
Workshop Enrollment Limited – Tuition $725
Scroll below for complete instructions on how to sign up for this Workshop Program.
Join Albert Handell in this exciting 5 day indoor/outdoor painting workshop. In the morning demonstration you will see and learn what to select and emphasize and what to play down or even take out of your paintings in order to make a strong design statement, and work sensibly towards finish. It will be an opportunity to see how a Master Artist works in a studio setting and on location.
HOW TO ENROLL
You can sign up at this time with a $125 non-refundable tuition deposit (or, if you prefer, the full payment of $725) by contacting The Albert Handell Studio/Office. The preferred method of payment is with credit card. All major credit cards are accepted.
We would appreciate the balance of the tuition of $600.00 to be paid in full by March 24, 2017 one month before the first day of the workshop. This will help us avoid overbooking the program. Thank you in advance!
THE SWIRL OF LIFE By Albert Handell WC under painting finished with pastel, 12×18
(this technique will be demonstrated on Tuesday)
THE DAILY SCHEDULE
The workshop hours are from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM daily.
For your convenience the studio opens at 9:00 AM.
- Demonstrations in the morning from 9:30AM to noon
(2 demos are in oils and 2 in pastel)
- Tuesday, Thursday 1-4:30pm painting en plein air
- Wednesday- 9:30AM-4:30PM- all day on location
- Monday and Friday afternoons painting in the studio (1-4:30PM)
The studio demonstrations will clearly show how he perfects his outdoor studies and bring life to his paintings from photographs. The workshop is geared to all levels of artists of the landscape and the still life, who have some experience working in pastels, oils, or water media.
There are four daily morning demonstrations, from 9:30 AM to noon; all demos are from start to finish. 3 demos are in the studio – The 4th is on location:
- Monday demo is mixed media pastel (watercolor under painting, finishing with pastel).
- Tuesday demo is in oils. This oil demo is from beginning to finish. It also takes in glazing and scumbling, two valuable techniques, rarely demonstrated in workshops, and closely relates to the technique of “feathering” in pastels.
Actual Oil Demonstration 16×20
- Wednesday we paint all day on location. Albert will paint in pastel with you in the morning, and help you at the easel in the afternoon.
- On Wednesday evening, from 7 to 9PM, we will have a workshop dinner together at a local restaurant (please individual checks), spouses are very welcome.
- On Thursday 9:30AM-noon, second oil demo in the studio. In the afternoon (1:00–4:30PM), work on location with help at the easel.
- Friday morning there is a farewell in-depth critique for every artist, please bring to the studio everything you have painted during the week, plus 6-8 works you have painted previous to the workshop.
- In the afternoon we will stay in the studio and finish the works we have started at locations, with help at the easel.
The afternoons, from 1-4:30 PM we will be painting at designated locations. If the weather is bad, we will be painting in the studio (bring some of your favorite photos, or work from Albert’s). Albert will give individual help to each artist at the easel. Every afternoon you are welcome to paint in the medium of your choice.
For Bastrop questions, our local workshop coordinator is:
Artist Enid Wood
Handell pastel demonstration
The preferred hotels are the Hampton Inn, Hyatt Lost Pines Resort, and Best Western Bastrop Pines Inn. We have a block booking for the week beginning 4/23/17 with the Best Western Bastrop Pines Inn. A king room is $109.99 per night plus tax, and a double is $119.99 plus tax.
After March 24, 2017, one month prior to the first day of the workshop, and your tuition has been paid in full, a full refund minus the non-refundable tuition deposit of $125.00 is offered to you for any reason.
After that date, if an emergency does arise and you cannot attend the workshop, no cash refund will be given, but you will receive a $600.00 tuition credit available for you to use at any Albert Handell workshop or Mentoring Program, good for the next two years.
In case of inclement weather please bring some of your favorite photographs from which to paint.
SUGGESTED ART SUPPLIES
For a complete list of Albert Handell’s suggested art supplies, click the button below.Suggested Art Supplies
We look forward to a wonderful and productive week together! – Albert & Jeanine