Franklin, TN Workshop – POSTPONED UNTIL FEBRUARY, 2018 Comments Off on Franklin, TN Workshop – POSTPONED UNTIL FEBRUARY, 2018
5 Day Indoor/Outdoor Painting Workshop Program in Franklin, Tennessee. POSTPONED UNTIL FEBRUARY 2018.
Held at On Track Studios
1978 Wilson Pike
Franklin, Tennessee 37067
POSTPONED UNTIL FEBRUARY, 2018
Workshop Enrollment Limited – Tuition $750
Scroll through this post for complete instructions on how to enroll.
The studio is located on beautiful grounds, in a picturesque rural area of Tennessee where subject matter abounds.
Join Albert Handell in this exciting 5 day indoor/outdoor painting workshop. In the morning demonstrations you will see and learn what to select, what to emphasize, and what to play down or even take out of your paintings in order to make a strong design statement, and work sensibly towards finish. It will be an opportunity to see how a Master Artist works in a studio setting and on location.
HOW TO ENROLL
You can sign up at this time with a $150 non-refundable tuition deposit (or, if you prefer, with the full payment of $750) by contacting The Albert Handell Studio/Office. The preferred method of payment is with credit card. All credit cards accepted.
To enroll in this Workshop Program, please contact the Handell Studio/Office directly.
We would appreciate the balance of the tuition of $600.00 to be paid in full by May 23, 2017 one month before the first day of the workshop. This will help us avoid overbooking the program. Thank you in advance!
The Daily Schedule
THE SWIRL OF LIFE By Albert Handell WC under painting finished with pastel 12×18 (this technique will be demonstrated on Tuesday)
The workshop hours are from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM daily.
Demonstrations every morning from 9:30am to noon.
Every afternoon 1-4:30pm painting in the studio (1st afternoon only) and en plein air
The studio demonstrations will clearly show how he perfects his outdoor studies and bring life to his paintings from photographs. The workshop is geared to all levels of artists of the landscape and the still life, who have some experience working in pastels, oils, or water media
There are four daily morning demonstrations, from 9:30 AM to noon; all demos are from start to finish. 3 demos are in the studio – The 4th is on location:
- Friday demo is with pastels from beginning to finish
- Saturday demo is mixed media pastel (watercolor under painting, finishing with pastel).
Actual Oil Demonstration 16×20- the oil demonstration is on Wednesday morning
- Sunday demo is in oils. This oil demo is from beginning to finish, it relates strongly to Albert’s mixed media water color – pastel demo of the previous day. It also takes in glazing and scumbling, two valuable techniques, rarely demonstrated in workshops, and closely relates to the technique of “feathering” in pastels
- On Sunday evening, from 7 to 9PM, we will have a workshop dinner together at a local restaurant (please individual checks), spouses are very welcomed.
- On Monday, weather permitting, Albert will paint on location with you in the morning, and give individual help at the easel in the afternoon.
- The afternoons, from 1-4:30 PM we will be painting at designated locations. If the weather is bad, we will be painting in the studio. Albert will give individual help to each artist at the easel. Every afternoon you are welcome to paint in the medium of your choice.
- Tuesday morning there is a farewell in-depth critique for every artist, please bring to the studio everything you have painted during the week, plus 6-8 works you have painted previous to the workshop.
In the afternoon we will stay in the studio and finish the works we have started at locations, with help at the easel.
Our local workshop coordinator is:
Artist Brenda Coldwell
Handell pastel demonstration on location
There are many choices for housing, ranging from luxury Bed & Breakfasts and an assortment of national chain and local hotels . Please contact Brenda for help.
After one month prior to the first day of the workshop, and your tuition has been paid in full, a full refund minus the non-refundable tuition deposit of $150.00 is offered to you for any reason.
After that date, if an emergency does arise and you are unable to attend, no cash refund will be given, but you will receive a $600.00 tuition credit available for you to use at any Albert Handell Workshop or Mentoring Program, good for the next two years.
SUGGESTED ART SUPPLIES
In case of inclement weather please bring some of your favorite photographs to work from.
To see the full list of Albert Handell’s suggested art supplies, click the button below.Suggested Art Supplies