Greensboro, NC Workshop – April 10-14, 2017 Comments Off on Greensboro, NC Workshop – April 10-14, 2017
5 Day Indoor and Outdoor Painting Workshop in picturesque Greensboro, North Carolina.
Monday, April 10 – Friday, April 14, 2017
Workshop Enrollment Limited – Tuition $725
This program will be held at the Art Shop:
3900 W. Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27407
Join Albert Handell in this exciting 5 day indoor/outdoor painting workshop. In the morning demonstration you will see and learn what to select and emphasize and what to play down or even take out of your paintings in order to make a strong design statement, and work sensibly towards finish. It will be an opportunity to see how a Master Artist works in a studio setting and on location.
HOW TO ENROLL
You can sign up for this program at this time with a $125 non-refundable tuition deposit (or, if you prefer, pay the full amount of $725.00) by contacting The Albert Handell studio/office. The preferred method of payment is with credit card.
To enroll in this Workshop Program, please contact the Handell Studio/Office directly.
The Handell Office will email you your receipt. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Handell Office directly.
With your receipt you will also receive a suggested materials list for both oils and pastel.
We would appreciate the balance of the tuition of $600.00 to be paid in full by March 10, 2017 – one month before the first day of the workshop. This will help us avoid overbooking the program. Thank you in advance!
THE DAILY SCHEDULE
The workshop hours are from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM daily. For your convenience the studio opens at 9 AM.
- 9:30 AM – noon: Demonstration in the morning. Monday’s demo will be in mixed media pastel (watercolor under painting, finishing with pastel).
- 1:00 – 4:30 PM: Painting in the studio.
- 9:30 AM – noon: Demonstration in the morning. Tuesday demo is in oils. This oil demo is from beginning to finish. It also takes in glazing and scumbling, two valuable techniques, rarely demonstrated in workshops, and closely relates to the technique of “feathering” in pastels.
- 1:00 – 4:30 PM – Painting en plein air.
- 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM: Painting all day on location. Albert will paint in pastel with you in the morning, and help you at the easel in the afternoon.
- 7:00 – 9:00 PM: Wednesday evening, we will have a workshop dinner together at a local restaurant (please individual checks). Spouses are very welcomed.
- 9:30 AM – noon: Demonstration in the morning. This will be the second oil demo in the studio.
- 1:00 – 4:30 PM: Painting en plein air. We will paint on location with individual help at the easel by Albert.
- 9:30 AM – noon: Demonstration in the morning. Friday morning there will also be a farewell in-depth critique for every artist. Please bring to the studio everything you have painted during the week, plus 6-8 works you have painted prior to the workshop.
- 1:00 – 4:30 PM: Painting in the studio. Friday afternoon we will stay in the studio and finish the works we have started at locations, with help at the easel.
The studio demonstrations will clearly show how he perfects his outdoor studies and bring life to his paintings from photographs. The workshop is geared to all levels of artists of the landscape and the still life, who have some experience working in pastels, oils, or water media
There are four daily morning demonstrations, from 9:30 AM to noon; all demos are from start to finish. 3 demos are in the studio – The 4th is on location.
Albert’s painting from an Oil Demonstration. 16″ x 20″
The afternoons, from 1-4:30 PM we will be painting at designated locations. If the weather is bad, we will be painting in the studio. Albert will give individual help to each artist at the easel. Every afternoon you are welcome to paint in the medium of your choice.
OUR LOCAL WORKSHOP COORDINATOR
Artist Addren Doss
Albert’s pastel demonstration on location in Fisher Park.
We reserved a block of rooms with La Quinta (1201 Lanada Road, Greensboro, NC 27407 336-316-0100, Continental breakfast every morning)
The phone number to reserve rooms is 1-866-527-1498. Mention the Handell Workshop and confirmation number 019013259. To receive this special group rate, reservations must be made by 3/19/17.
After March 10, 2017, one month prior to the first day of the workshop, and your tuition has been paid in full, a full cash refund minus the non-refundable tuition deposit of $125.00 is offered to you.
After March 10, if a last-minute emergency happens to arise and you can’t attend the workshop, no cash refund will be given. You instead will receive a $600.00 tuition credit available for you to use at any Albert Handell Workshop or Mentoring Program, good for the next two years.
SUGGESTED ART SUPPLIES
In case of inclement weather please bring some of your favorite photographs to work from.
Click the button below to see a full list of suggested art supplies.Suggested Art Supplies
We look forward to a wonderful and productive week together! – Albert & Jeanine