Santa Fe Summer Garden Painting Workshop – June 12-14, 2017 Comments Off on Santa Fe Summer Garden Painting Workshop – June 12-14, 2017
IAPS opens Wednesday through Sunday. What are you doing Monday?
Join Albert Handell for this SUMMER GARDEN PLEIN AIR WORKSHOP PROGRAM AT ALBERT’S SANTA FE STUDIO/HOME.
Monday, June 12 – Wednesday, June 14, 2017
This unique workshop experience will focus on plein air painting at Albert and Jeanine’s garden and other favorite Santa Fe locations.
Worskhop Enrollment is Limited – Tuition $575
Scroll down through this post to see complete instructions on how to enroll.
Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, located at 217 Johnson Street
- 10:00am – 11:00am – Albert will meet workshop attendees for a guided tour of the historic Georgia O’Keeffe Museum in downtown Santa Fe. After the tour of the museum, Albert will escort the group to the West Palace Avenue Art District. It is just around the corner from the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, and is one of two art gallery districts in Santa Fe that exhibit realism.
- 11:00am – 2:00pm – Albert will leave you to enjoy your Santa Fe touring adventure and return to his studio to prepare for your visit. You will be free to explore downtown Santa Fe on your own and enjoy the galleries that line both sides of the street. The downtown area has many wonderful features, including historic adobe buildings, the Museum of Fine Arts, the old central plaza, the magnificent cathedral, excellent local restaurants, and more. This self-guided tour will give visitors a taste of Santa Fe.
Please eat lunch before visiting Albert’s studio, and be sure to arrange for transportation.
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm – Everyone will meet at Albert’s studio/residence. The workshop will begin with a two-hour oil painting demonstration. You will see first-hand how Albert’s techniques in oil and pastel relate to each other.
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm – The group will move to the studio’s garden. You are welcome to paint in the medium of your choice. Albert will individually help each artist at the easel.
- 7:30pm – Albert invites workshop attendees to an optional dinner at a fine and fun local restaurant to celebrate as a group!
Pastel plein air painting of Albert and Jeanine’s home, by Albert Handell
- 9:00am – 12:00pm – The group will meet at one of Albert’s favorite local painting locations to paint en plein air. During this session, Albert will paint with attendees in pastel.
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm – A lunch will be served at the Handell residence in their beautiful garden. Sitting under the shade of the tall pine and locust trees is the perfect gathering place to discuss art and socialize!
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm – Albert will lead a demonstration in the studio, with time for questions and answers.
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm – Albert will assist each artist at their easel in a group painting session. The special location of this is yet to be announced.
- 7:30pm – Optional group dinner with Albert and Jeanine at a wonderful local restaurant.
Albert teaching a workshop
- 9:00am – 12:00pm – We will meet at another of Albert’s favorite painting locations. Albert will help each artist individually at their easel and answer questions.
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm – A quick lunch break gives attendees time to eat a delicious meal at our local Whole Foods, which is right near the studio, or the restaurant of their choice.
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm – Albert will lead a constructive critique and discuss career building information in his studio.
- 7:00pm – The workshop will have an optional final farewell dinner at Albert’s favorite local restaurant!
HOW TO ENROLL
Workshop Tuition is $575. A $125 tuition deposit is needed to reserve your enrollment.
The Handell office takes all major credit cards, which is the preferred method of payment. Please call or send an email to the Handell office with: your phone number, area of the country that you live in, and the best times for his office to contact you.
Please contact the Handell Studio/Office directly to enroll.
A receipt and a suggested materials supply list for both pastels and oils will be sent to you for your payment.
After May 12, 2017, one month prior to the first day of the workshop, and your tuition has been paid in full, a full refund minus the non-refundable tuition deposit of $125 is offered to you for any reason.
After that date, if an emergency does arise and you are unable to attend, no cash refund will be given. You will instead receive a $575 tuition credit available for you to use at any Albert Handell Workshop or Mentoring Program, good for the next two years.
Santa Fe has a wide range of wonderful accommodations, which vary in price.
My first recommendation for a reasonably priced yet charming inn is the El Rey Inn. This hotel, which was built in 1973, has that special Old Santa Fe charm. Visit their website (www.elreyinnsantafe.com) or call 505-982-1931 to make reservations.
The El Rey Inn offers a 10% discount for AAA or AARP, and an “El Rey Passport” which offers a free night for every five nights booked.
Another lovely yet reasonably priced option is The Sage Inn. This hotel is located next door to a large Whole Foods store and the Railyard Arts District. Reservations can be made via their website (www.santafesageinn.com) or by phone at 505-982-5952.
Our third recommendation is Las Palomas Hotel. This is a wonderful historic hotel and beautiful courtyard. To make a reservation, visit their website (www.laspalomas.com) or call 855-982-5560.
For a complete listing of accommodations, please visit the Chamber of Commerce website: www.santafechamber.com.
SUGGESTED ART SUPPLIES
In case of inclement weather, please bring a few of your favorite photographs from which to paint.
A complete listing of recommended art supplies can be found by clicking the link below:Suggested Art Supplies
We look forward to a wonderful and productive week together! – Albert & Jeanine